Professional Web Design in Southern IL
Mid America Web Solutions offers Professional Web Design services in Southern Illinois for clients looking to establish an online presence for their business. We can also take your old, outdated website and give it a fresh, sleek new look. A website is a true reflection of who your company is and should articulate the services or products that you offer. We will assist you throughout the entire design process and offer our professional suggestions to help create a website that you will be proud to showcase to potential customers. Our web design process is divided up into 3 primary phases; website consultation, concept/design phase and coding phase.
The first step will be for our design team to meet with a potential client to discuss ideas and gather information as to what kind of website is required for their business. We will take the time to learn about your company and the services you provide. We will offer our feedback and suggestions based on your provided information to assist you in making decisions as to how you would like your website to look and function. We can also discuss any design ideas you may have and incorporate them into a concept (mockup) for you to review.
Once we have gathered the necessary information from you, the next step will be for us to develop a customized website concept based on your ideas and feedback as to how you would like your website to look and lay-out. We will incorporate the colors of your logo into the interface of the design to ensure that your new site will be branded properly to maintain consistency with your company’s image.
Upon approval of the concept, we will next move onto the final phase which will involve coding and developing the mockup into a functional, working website. We ensure that your website is coded to be “search engine friendly” and that it validates as being compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) standards for HTML5 code.
Because we do not use templates, your new custom website will have a visual identity that is totally unique to your business!
WordPress Content Management System
Mid America Web integrates your custom website design inside of a WordPress Content Management System, which allows you to easily edit your website’s content (text & images) on your own at any time as needed. WordPress is a powerful, secure, open source content management system as well as a blogging tool. The rapid rise in the popularity of online blogging has made WordPress one of the world’s most popular web-based blogging systems.
The primary advantage of the WordPress program is that it does not require any knowledge of website HTML code for you to update and maintain your website. If you have basic computer skills and can use a program similar to Microsoft Word, you will have the ability to use WordPress to make changes to your website 24/7.
As an open-source platform, WordPress can support an endless number of features to enhance its capabilities and functionality. A large community of developers have made it possible for us to make enhancements to your site as required.
Seven Reasons to use WordPress
- Proven. WordPress powers nearly a quarter of new sites today, is the content management system (CMS) of choice for more than two thirds of the top million sites, making it the most popular on the web, and is trusted by content publishers both large and small including CNN and the NY Times. With more than 70 million sites globally and eight years of proven history, you’re getting the best software for the job.
- Flexible. WordPress also happens to be the most flexible platform to customize. Would you like to add a calendar to your website? Done. Would you like to add an email sign-up section to the website so users can input their email address directly into your email list*. Easy. Heavy programming assistance isn’t always necessary when customizing your website. *Must have Constant Contact Account.
- SEO Friendly. WordPress, “out-of-the-box” is designed to embrace Search Engine ranking standards; the way in which the site is set up, organized and coded is beneficial to being found online through top search engine crawlers such as those of Google, Yahoo and Bing. If you are targeting ‘New Business’ through the web, this should be very important to you.
- Ease of Use. WordPress is the most user-friendly Content Management System (CMS) in the world. You don’t need to be a tech-wizard to make simple changes and additions to your website. The interface is polished and easy to use, and are the result of years of refinement. It’s the power of Microsoft Word with the intuitiveness of an iPhone.
- Drag & Drop. Everything that makes webpages feel rich – pictures, videos, music, documents – can feel right at home in WordPress. With a drag-and-drop file uploader that uses the latest technology to ensure your file effortlessly makes it to the web page every time, and a media browser to help you store, organize and find the files you’re looking for, WordPress keeps and organizes the files that make your pages pop.
- Got a bunch of users? Not a problem. WordPress lets you define different roles for different users – just like in real life – and lets you assign privileges accordingly. Usernames and passwords keep each and every website secure from invasion.
- Security Assurance. WordPress has more than eight years of history powering stable, secure websites. Vulnerabilities are discovered quickly because of the wide user-base and dedicated open-source community, patches are rapidly developed by the dedicated security team, and often released in the span of hours from the time they are reported. WordPress comes with an integrated core-update system, so patches are deployed at the click of a mouse. WordPress sanitizes all user input, restricts URL access, has an extensive user permissioning system, and never stores passwords in an unencryptable format. WordPress uses WordPress.com’s 20 million users to beta test releases before they come out, so that by the time new versions are released, stakeholders can be confident in their stability. Now you can sleep easy.
Key features and screenshots of WordPress:
- Ability to update content easily without any knowledge of HTML code.
- Ability to add/remove photos.
- Add/remove pages as needed.
- Create password protected pages.
- Page revision backups.
- Ability to maintain and edit a blog.
- Create and maintain photo galleries.
- Update event calendars.
- Search Engine friendly design.
- 5000 fade
- 5000 fade
- 5000 fade
- 5000 fade
The following services are included with the development and launch of a new website.
- Google Places page setup and verification.
- Google Analytics installation, providing detailed statistics and advanced metrics about how much traffic your website is receiving and how users are finding you online.
- Submit website for inclusion in Google, Yahoo & Bing search engines.
- Creation of HTML & XML sitemaps to assist search engine spiders with finding and “crawling” your website.
- Email Accounts w/Spam Filtering
- Domain Name Registration
- Website Hosting
- SSL Certificate Installation
- Stock Photography (from iStockphoto.com)
- Custom Web Programming