When potential clients search for your business online are they getting the right information?
What Are Web Directories & Local Listings?
Online Directories & Local Listings are basically the modern day, internet version of the phone book – except today there are over 70 different versions that exist all across the web. An online local listing expands on what a “traditional” phone book did for consumers. It offers basic contact information (name, address, phone number) and services provided. It also allows a consumer to see how your business stands out, view your location on a map, check out photos, promotions, business hours or anything else you’d like to showcase. The problem is, countless versions of these “digital phone books” exist all over the internet. As a result, assuring the accuracy of your business’ information becomes a daunting task.
Why Are They Important?
Every day, 80% of Americans use their smartphones to search for local companies and make buying decisions. If maps, apps and local directories don’t have correct info for your business, potential customers won’t be able to find you!
When consumers find incorrect information about a business online, 73% lose trust in that business. And, incorrect information abounds — a 2016 study found that up to 40% of location info online for local businesses is wrong! This is a HUGE problem that we can help solve!
Online directories can sway users toward or away from your business before they ever land on your website. They can also have direct bearings on your web traffic as they are highly visible in search engine results.
To solve the problem, we can correct listings with bad data, and control how your business shows up online in search engines, local business directories, and map services.
Consumers who search for local businesses online
Online business listings that contain incorrect information
Consumers who lose trust in a local business when they find incorrect information about that business online
Business Listings Management Services
- Full audit of online footprint to identify all prominent business listings and check for data accuracy
- Claim, update & enhance local business listings on Google, Bing, Facebook, and Yelp
- Add business location to Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Bing Places
- Update & enhance business data across 50+ prominent local listing and directory websites
- Fix incorrect business data (Name, Address, Phone Number, etc.)
- Claim & update business info in major online data aggregators: Infogroup Express Update and Neustar Localeze
- Identify & eliminate duplicate listings
- Monthly listings checkup to ensure accuracy of business data
- Monthly audit for new or duplicate listings
- Perform updates to listings as needed (business hours, promos, etc.)
- Dedicated monthly support & priority service